CAA National maintains its robust commitment to support research, evidence based practice and university led education programs for our profession.
A clear demonstration of this is laid out in the CAA National Strategic Plan which commits the Association to:
- support policy and engagement with evidence based, up-to-date research
- initiate a collaborative, large study into the safety and efficacy of chiropractic care in Australia
- undertake strategic research and education to support and enlarge the evidence base for chiropractic
- establish and maintain strong cooperative relationships with the university sector, facilitating strategic research and fostering the training of future generations of Australian chiropractors
To give effect to this commitment CAA National has funded the following education and research initiatives:
- Four PhD scholarships to promote the development of academic and research career pathways in chiropractic across Australian universities
- The Australian Chiropractic Research Network (ACORN) project, to be conducted over three years by the Australian Research Centre in Complementary and Integrative Medicine (ARCCIM) based at the University of Technology, Sydney. This study will provide a practice-based examination of both chiropractors and their patients on issues such as effectiveness, safety and affordability and is believed to be the world’s first national, practice-based longitudinal study into chiropractic. This ground-breaking research has been made possible by a $460,000 grant from CAA National.
- In 2014 CAA National helped establish the Central Queensland University Chiropractic Program in Brisbane with a $250,000 grant to fund the setup of a hi-tech teaching facility for this year’s first intake of 40 students.
CAA National is fully committed to securing the future of our university based educational programs through an active involvement in the development of a research culture in the profession, developing academic and research career pathways and striving for unity (while recognising diversity) within the profession.
Australian Chiropractic Research Network (ACORN) Project
To read more about the ACORN Project click here >
CAA funded PhD/MRes Scholarships
To read more about CAA's funded PhD and MRes Scholarships click here >
CAA National Study Grant Scheme
To read more about CAA National's Study Grant Scheme click here >
The Giles Medal
To read more about The Giles Medal click here >