Sunday 5 November 2017 -
A one day seminar on a multi-disciplinary, collaborative approach to the Diagnosis and Management of Concussion in Sport, to be held at the Mantra St Kilda Road in Melbourne.
Date & Venue:
Sunday, 5 November 2017
Mantra St Kilda Road, 568 St Kilda Road, Melbourne Victoria
|Dr Brett Jarosz
Dr Jarosz is a practicing sports chiropractor with a strong clinical interest in athletic and sporting injuries; neuro-orthopedic rehabilitation; corrective exercise strategies; running biomechanics/technique efficiency and optimizing athletic performance. Besides sports chiropractic, Brett also has practice interests in clinical neuroscience and rehabilitation, as well as pre and post surgical rehabilitation.
|Dr Michael Makdissi
Dr Makdissi is a Sport and Exercise Medicine Physician at Olympic Park Sports Medicine Centre in Melbourne. He has extensive experience with a range of sports. He has been part of the Australian medical team at the World University Games (Degu, Ismir), Commonwealth Games (Delhi, Glasgow) and Olympic Games (London) and currently works with the Hawthorn football club.
This one day seminar kicks off at 8:00am and concludes at 5:30pm. Morning and afternoon breaks and lunch included.
This unique collaborative seminar will cover:
- The current Berlin Consensus Statement on concussion in sport, and the main messages in this document
- Understand the short, medium and long-term risks associated with concussion in sport
- Recognise and remove - know how to recognise a concussion and what to do in the early post-injury period (including removing the player from competition and monitoring for red flags that may indicate a more serious head injury)
- Understanding factors that may contribute to persistent symptoms
- How to perform a clinical (bed-side) assessment of a sports concussion, and who/when to refer for advanced diagnostic assessment
- Understanding of appropriate clinical management strategies that can be utilised in sports concussion (including cervical and vestibular rehabilitation), and who/when to refer for appropriate management
Register today for this fantastic seminar and learn from outstanding speakers with extensive and enviable sports chiropractic experience.
| Concussion Seminar
|| SCA Members
||Non SCA Members|| Students
Registration Cost -
Registration Cost -
For further information on the Multi-Disciplinary Management of Sports Concussion Seminar please contact Debbie Kelly at firstname.lastname@example.org