The Work Health & Safety Group (CIG) is a clinical interest group for practitioners who wish to develop their skills in the Work Health & Safety or Occupational Health related areas.
The areas currently covered by the group are:
- Pre-employment functional testing
- Corporate health promotion
- Ergonomic assessment of workstations
- OHS management systems and auditing
- Successful return to work for compensation patients
- Workplace and job assessment
- Undertaking risk assessments for manual handling activities/tasks
- Manual handling training for workers
All these areas can provide new growth opportunities for practitioners that are prepared to get out of their clinics and into an occupational environment. Our extensive educational training programs position chiropractors as excellent providers of these services.
The WHS group members work collaboratively with a range of people including employers, employees, health professionals and organisations to offer a range of measures aimed at reducing health and safety risks for people at work.
Phone: (02) 8844 0400
Fax: (02) 8844 0499
Chair & Delegate to the Work Health & Safety Group
Dr Stuart Skepper