History of Sports Chiropractic Australia
Sports Chiropractic Australia (SCA) was established over 30 years ago, and has seen several name changes in that time. Sports Chiropractic Australia started out as the Australian Chiropractors' Association (ACA) Council on Sports Injuries and Performance. This group was started in the early 1980's by Dr Noel Patterson.
To read more on the history of SCA click here.
SCA Vision Statement
To enhance the health of physically active Australians through chiropractic care and to increase integration and cooperation with others in sports healthcare.
SCA Mission Statement
- Enhance and develop the expertise of chiropractors who are active in sports injury prevention and management through education, research and professional relationships.
- Create a means for connecting the public with chiropractors with an interest and skills in sports chiropractic.
- Develop partnerships with similar organisations for the benefit of the Australian sporting community.
- Share knowledge and resources to further the understanding of injury prevention, injury management and performance enhancement for the physically active.
- Be an active and valuable member of the sports medicine community in Australia. Contribute to creating a safer sporting environment for all Australians.
- James Matthews - Chairman
- Peter Garbutt - FICS President
- Lachlan Hooper - QLD Coordinator
- Lorenzo Campagna - NSW Coordinator
- Travis Smith - VIC Coordinator
- Adam Floreani - SA Coordinator
- Debbie Tan - WA Coordinator
- Glynis Grace - CAA National
To read more about committee members click here.