History of Sports Chiro Australia
Sports Chiro Australia (SCA) was established over 30 years ago, and has seen several name changes in that time. Sports Chiro Australia started out as the Australian Chiropractors' Association (ACA) Council on Sports Injuries and Performance. This group was started in the early 1980's by Dr Noel Patterson.
To read more on the history of SCA click here.
SCA Vision Statement
To enhance the health of physically active Australians through chiropractic care and to increase integration and cooperation with others in sports healthcare.
SCA Mission Statement
- Enhance and develop the expertise of chiropractors who are active in sports injury prevention and management through education, research and professional relationships.
- Create a means for connecting the public with chiropractors with an interest and skills in sports chiropractic.
- Develop partnerships with similar organisations for the benefit of the Australian sporting community.
- Share knowledge and resources to further the understanding of injury prevention, injury management and performance enhancement for the physically active.
- Be an active and valuable member of the sports medicine community in Australia. Contribute to creating a safer sporting environment for all Australians.
- Luke Nelson - President
- Adam Floreani - Vice President
- Luke Khoury - Vice President
- Travis Smith - Secretary
- Lorenzo Campagna - Treasurer
- Luke Nelson - Education Chair
- Katie de Luca - Research Chair
- Nash Anderson - Communications Chair
- Jaimi Parr - Student Chair
- Lachlan Hooper - QLD representative
- Nick Skalidis - NSW representative
- Emilio Kardaris - VIC representative
- Debbie Tan / Ben Davidson - WA representative
- Stewart Ward - SA representative
- Peter Garbutt - FICS Chair / Pacific representative
- Glynis Grace - ACA Limited
To read more about committee members click here.